Documenting, sharing and publishing your QI project
We are keen to ensure the knowledge gained from your QI projects reach as many people as possible. Publishing your findings means that your project has the potential to benefit teams nationwide and even beyond.
Share your work on a poster
Feature your project on one of our QI visibility walls
Send in your poster and we can share it on our QI Wall at Trust Headquarters or if you are based in Newham at Newham Centre for Mental Health
Write your project up for publication in
We encourage all completed and successful QI project teams to write up their work for publication. Many ELFT QI projects have been published in BMJ Quality Improvement Reports, a worldwide journal and repository of global quality improvement evidence and best practice. Please follow the guidance below when registering with BMJ Open Quality and writing up your project for publication.
Quick guide to publication:
- Use this SQUIRE template to write up your project
- Send your completed template to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can review for you.
- Visit BMJ Open Quality online and create a new account
- Use the Author Dashboard to start a new submission.
- Select the publication type (Quality Improvement Report), add a title and a summary/abstract.
- Complete steps 2-7 of your online submission when you are ready and upload up to 5 supporting documents.
- When submitting East London NHS Foundation Trust projects please remember to use our organisation code: 6532822773
You can find further tutorials and guidance on publication writing here>>